Skip to main content

Sweet like YSL Honey. #28Kisses

I had no idea how coveted this lipstick was until I posted a swatch on Beautylish. Rouge Volupté #4 is known as Honey and is the ultimate nude lipstick. Super creamy, very pigmented and very glossy, the Rouge Volupté collection is created with Mango oil which gives the lipsticks a sweet scent and slick feel.

The colour payoff is incredible. It only takes one swipe per lip for awesome coverage and *truth be told* this is my go-to base shade for my lip glosses. Especially YSL Golden Gloss in #2. The shade is too much like my skin tone and I look unbelieveably washed out when I wear this alone, so I don't.

This lipstick is very moisturizing and very lightweight. The creamy finish is more oily than buttery feeling, to me. And I find it does not last as long as it claims but it does not feather off of my lips nor does it oxidize to a different shade: it is tube true throughout it's entire wear. I can honestly say that my lips feel softer after wearing this formula which is why I will rate it so high at the end of this post.


I first fell in love with YSL Beauty in the late 90's and I have been treating myself to a few products here and there ever since. I love the quality of this lipstick as much as I love the vessel; notice the mirror on top! Genius! Recently, they have begun to appear at my local outlet mall inside the Designer Fragrances & Cosmetic Company stores. L'Oreal acquired YSL Beauty in 2008. This makes the cosmetic line within my price range and I have been able to buy a few things at once. The DF&CCo prices are usually 60% off of the counter price but understand that that shades and collections are from seasons past.


Bare lips with flash, #4 without flash, #4 with flash.

*Back to #4*
I hate to say that this shade has been discontinued, if it had not, I would have repurchased when needed. And even though this is an expensive, prestige product retailing for $34.00 I would have recommended that everyone save up and make this purchase. I rate #4 a coveted 5 out of 5 stars. Were you able to procure #4 for yourself?
xoxo

•Nancy-Lee


Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients