Skip to main content

DFandC Co. YSL and Lancome: A Discount Haul

By now you know that I can not resist cosmetics when they are on sale. Not only is it extremely difficult to find makeup on sale when you do find it, it's not the 'good stuff'. Well, it is now!! I was introduced to Designer Fragrance & Cosmetic Co around 1999/2000 - a Lancome based outlet and the brands under the parent umbrella; YSL, kiehl's, Polo and Giorgio Armani Cosmetics to name a few. I've been lucky to score a few YSL items for as much as 70% off of full retail and this trip yielded a few scores too!



While it looks like a creepy grayish purple in the haul picture, it's very sheer with a gorgeous plum tint. Gloss Volupte #8 Glazed Blackcurrent. Retailing for $30, I paid $10 for this non-sticky formula by YSL. It glides on my lips, drenching them in moisture. Lightweight, this formula never feels waxy or heavy and its fresh Mango scent is decidedly irresistible. Featuring SPF 9, this is the second Gloss Volupte in my collection. Love!

Next up are 2 eye products. Ombre Solo #5 Slate Green pressed powder shadow. Like other YSL shadows, this one features a vibrant, rich colour that stays true from day to night. This darker shade is going to work beautifully this Fall. Included in the 24kt gold plated compact are 2 applicators: a foam tip for blending and a brush for precision. Retailing for $30 I paid $10 for this Lasting Radiance Smoothing Shadow.






I decided on #19 Water Resistant Eye Shadow in Riviera Blue. With an extremely light weight texture, this water-resistant cream eye shadow feels soft and fresh to the touch and dries down to a shimmering veil. The long-lasting formula can be layered for high color impact, which is what I plan on doing, or worn alone. Even though it is easy to apply with fingertips I plan on using the provided brush for the simple fact that I hate putting my fingers in cosmetics. I really like this - it dried quickly too so I won't have to wait long to finish my makeup. Retailing for $30 this was the most expensive item that I purchased at $20. Please note, this shade is discontinued.

My final treasure was something I didn't even realize existed: Lancome Le French Touch in 316.









Le French Touch is a true cult lipstick, which redefines itself each season. For Spring 2012, Lancome presents #316 Cotton Candy. This limited edition shade is just as it sounds - a bright but not neon pink, perfectly reminiscent of cotton candy! It glides on smoothly with sheer to moderate coverage. I am not wearing a lip pencil in the swatch picture. The vessel is the same size as #314, the difference being this tube is silver with mint green and brushed nickle swirls. It reminds me of barber shop stripes. Does that make it beauty shop stripes?! Retailing for $35, I paid $15 for this sweet lippy that honestly, I plan of saving until next spring!


So there was my haul! $125 in prestige cosmetics for $55. That's a 56% savings! I have 2 new items for fall and 2 ready for spring time! I can't wait!! How about you, Beautiful, have you shopped at a DF&C Co shop before? What was you last cosmetics clearance haul?

xoxo
•Nancy-Lee


Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients