Skip to main content

Taking a BITE out of Barolo. #28Kisses

Bite Beauty is an all-natural lip care company operating out of downtown Toronto. Our mission is to create lipstick that is high performance and healthy enough to eat for women everywhere.

Tell me if you've heard this one: I had a gift card to Sephora burning a hole in my pocket.... ;) I am always looking for something new to try, especially lipsticks. It is really the only makeup item that I am crazy about. 

What intrigued me the most about BITE Beauty: This lip color delivers super antioxidant resveratrol, which fights free radicals with potent long-term antiaging benefits. Each lipstick contains the amount of resveratrol found in five glasses of red wine.

Many moons ago I had a lipstick by Versace in the most amazing shade of plum. Unfortunately the cosmetic line was discontinued shortly after Gianni Versace death and I have been on the hunt for a dupe ever since. Meet Barolo, my new perfect shade of plum.


This deliciously moisturizing formula is gorgeous. Very creamy with a buttery finish, slightly vampy and purely perfect. It features moderate, slightly buildable coverage with a shiny finish. The formula is pretty forgiving to my dry lip skin, the colour wears well without buildup around the flaky parts. Barolo translates to my lips in what I call 'tube true' which means what you see is what you get. This colour stays true throughout it's wear, too; It does not oxidize pink, which was a huge fear for me when I made the purchase.


With flash, no filter.


What it is formulated WITH:
-Trans-Resveratrol: Provides proven antioxidant benefits for long-term age repair.
-Organic Shea Butter: Conditions and hydrates lips.
-Vitamin E and C: Protects and defends the lips from premature aging.
-Organic Argan Oil: Promotes youthful and radiant lips.


What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What's in a name?
Barolo is a red wine produced in the northern Italian region of Piedmont.

Once again, it looks as though this shade has been discontinued! I see as I write this post there are 5 available through Amazon. It is being shipped from Sephora. I rate Barolo 4.5 stars out of 5. I can't wait to try more shades and I can't wait to get my hands on their new Cinnamon Lip Oil! Retailing for $24.00 this collection is sold exclusively through Sephora.
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients