Skip to main content

The Camo Collection is reporting for duty!

Let me be the first to say, had Whip Hand not come into my life I would not have given loose pigment shadows a second glance. I thought what most think: They are messy and hard to work with. Sure, I have a set of loose pigments and glitters that I purchased from iMATS 2012 but the products I chose were not exactly your every day shades. I like my makeup to be more avant-garde than natural but even I want to wear a traditional chocolate eye every now and then!!


I'm pretty sure I screamed when I found out we (BeautyARMY) were going to create a limited edition makeup line. Once I got to know Whip Hand, their story, their philosophy and their Made in Detroit values, I could not have been any happier to get to know our partner!


Metal of Honor, Green Beret, Special Forces, Locked+Loaded.

These loose pigment vials contain .10oz of powder. HIGHLY pigmented, you must start with an eyeshadow primer or they will not adhere for an extended wear, let along show you their true colour payoff. I am currently using Bare Minerals *original* Prime Time Eyelid Primer. (I purchased it a few years ago and recently found it, new in the box!) It is a felt covered doe foot pen with a crank bottom which is discontinued in this vessel but the product is still created.

So here are my best practices:
1) Apply eye primer
2) Unscrew the cap and shake your loose pigment into the lid.
3) With a FIRM brush, dip the bristles into the powder and gently stir a bit.
4) Tap off the excess powder, back into the lid.
5) Apply the loose pigment using a patting technique instead of rubbing. Pat your first coat to cover the primer then move to the other eye.
Once you have the primer covered, your second coat will become blendable so you can smooth the edges.
6) Repeat steps 3-5, gently building the colour on your lid.
7) Clean any fallout - the combination of a firm brush and the patting motion application will drastically limit your fallout.  :)
8) Complete your liner/mascara and done!   


Green Beret.


Special Forces.
Above are 2 of my favourite looks. Green Beret features a charcoal gel liner on my lid and under my lower lash line with black liner on my waterline, both Stila Cosmetics. Special Forces features Stingray liner, also by Stila Cosmetics and both eyes are finished with Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Mascara (purple for brown eyes), I'm wearing only the black shade.

These loose pigments are only available on www.BeautyArmy.com and retail for $14 each. I recommend picking up the limited edition tin, with all 4 full size shades for $42 - It works out to be a Buy 3 Get 1 FREE value!

Did you discover the Camo Collection as a BeautyARMY Member?
Have you selected these shades? Which one(s)?

Do you own any other Whip Hand products?
I reviewed and swatched Bait Lip Hit, which you can see here.
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

  

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients