Skip to main content

Centering my GingerChi

Handcrafted in New York

Ginger
has been known for centuries for its therapeutic properties. The warm spiciness of ginger
enhances skin tone, boosts circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid, increasing the body’s ability to eliminate toxins and absorb vital nutrients. Rich in antioxidants, ginger slows the aging process, regulates our digestion and can help to alleviate pain and inflammation in muscle and connective tissue.

Chi the life force present in all living things; look at the nature of yin and yang. This eternal symbol of balance is comprised of two opposing yet complementary forces. GingerChi's goal is to strive for balance since when Chi flows freely, we experience optimal health, well-being and vitality.

I want to introduce you to GingerChi, they graciously sent me the Body Set, four full size products with an $84 value, to review for you! I have listed the individual prices for each item below, if you click on the price and a new window will open to the product page. GingerChi donates a percentage of every purchase to causes for women and the environment. All products are
free of parabens, petroleum, mineral oil and artificial colour. Never tested on animals.

Click image to enlarge.

Start with Revitalizing Sugar Scrub. This scrub contains natural raw sugar which offers a double exfoliation. The glycolic acid helps to break up layers of dead skin while the sugar granules exfoliate. The attached spatula will become your best friend. Use it to stir the sugar so you reincorporate the oils giving you a consistent experience. I also use the spatula to scoop the scrub out of the glass vessel. This prevents water from running down my fingers into the sugar which would dilute and harden the scrub. Plus it forces me to use only what I need. I'm not scooping with my bear claw nor am I squeezing too much product from a tube I can't refill. A bit course, raw sugar can feel too intense for the most sensitive of skins but this feeling mellows as the sugar starts to dissolve. Reserved for my upper body, I use about 3 spatulas for chest, arms/underarms and back, my skin is super soft and smells very nice. Revitalizing Sugar Scrub is spicy with citrus kiss, reminds me of a pale verbena. Retails $18.00 I rate this sugar scrub 4.5 out of 5 stars. Follow with Replenishing Body Oil.

For comparison purposes, this product is similar to the original Indie Lee The Body Scrub... but... I find GingerChi to be more moist and not as initially abrasive and not as strongly scented.
Click image to enlarge.

This is my favourite product.
Along with Ginger to stimulate Chi, Replenishing Body Oil also contains Juniper and Cypress which assist with detoxification by ridding the body of excess water. Grapefruit helps break up fatty tissue while Lemon strengthens veins and assists with the prevention of variscosities. I detect juniper and a touch of lemon with a spicy undertone, thanks to ginger powder.
Replenishing Body Oil is sweet and sexy but not artificially so. It's well balanced. See what I did there?! This moderately weighted oil provides lasting hydration without feeling greasy. The air displacement regulator dispenses a small amount at a time so it does not pour out of the vessel. Shake it gently into your palm like an old school aftershave bottle and the oil easily dispenses. I apply it on towel dried skin, right out of the shower. I find it sinks in faster while my pores are open and my skin is a bit moist. Retailing for $35.00 I rate Replenishing Body Oil 4.5 stars out of 5. I will absolutely replenish once it is gone, this will be a perfect body moisturizer during these dry winter months.



Bath & Shower Infusion Oil  Rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, coconut oil’s antioxidant effects can help protect against free radical damage, as well as heal and repair unbalanced skin. Also sought out for its high vitamin E content and skin softening properties, apricot kernel oil is readily absorbed into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. Rich in essential fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acid, and filled with vitamin A, apricot kernel oil helps skin retain elasticity, clarity, and suppleness.

Here is a true story: I am pretty sure this oil saved my life. Ok, maybe it wasn't that extreme but it felt that way at the time. I flew to LA and the night arrival, dinner came with a side of food poisoning. I don't wish food poisoning on anyone. I especially don't wish this type of suffering when you're away from your own bed. When I arrived back in San Jose, a soft towel and this Infusion were the first to things I grabbed before a long hot shower.


I applied it to my temples and all over my chest before stepping in, letting the water hit my back creating steam which released the aromatics. I took several deep breaths feeling calmer with each one. Bath & Shower Infusion Oil's amped up ginger lavender scent features a touch of peppermint. If you do not want to put it on your skin you can shake a cap full or two on to the shower floor or add to your bath water. 

Don't limit yourself to the shower, Kitten, Bath & Shower Infusion Oil is a fantastic body oil for moisturizing and massage, it stays on the surface of the skin longer than Replenishing Body Oil. Ooohhh, this would be so nice in your pedicure bowl!  This oil does exactly what it says it is going to do. If you like to take relaxing baths, you should give this a try. Retailing for $15.00 I rate Bath & Shower Infusion Oil a coveted 5 out of 5 stars.

The 2oz bottle provides many uses, including the finishing treatment for the Meridian Dry Brush. Dry brushing exfoliates dead skin cells but also stimulates lymph circulation, which is crucial to a healthy immune system.  Dry skin brushing also assists with the break up of cellulite by helping to remove toxins built up in the tissues. I am reviewing the $16.00 Dry Brush separately on YouTube.

Infuse your body with Chi.
xoxo

•Nancy-Lee

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients