Skip to main content

Why I buy on Black Friday



While I have become less consumerist as I have aged, I still look forward to Black Friday every year. The reason is simple: It is the one time of year I openly shop - and stock up - for the following year.











With savings up to 80% and discount codes to go even deeper, Black Friday is how I make the most of my money. I shouldn't be shamed because I'm thrifty; It is not my fault or doing that retailers chooses this weekend to make their products affordable.

Take Lolli Swim as an example. The past 3 years I have scored several gorgeous swimsuits for $10 per piece and this year was no different. I grabbed 5 tops and 5 bottoms for $100 and was able to apply a 30% discount code reducing my cart to $70... These are cheaper than Old Navy prices, people!! Now I have 5 amazing suits to wear and I will feel like a million bucks while I do it, too!


Dermae was no different. Stacking a 30% discount which saved $12.96 off of my cart, I earned a free full size Oil-Free moisturizer, Sampler Kit, and Tote bag worth an additional $40, plus I gained free shipping, too. I feel like I was paid to shop!






Lastly, Toms came in with an $80 pair of metallic mules for $60. A 30% discount saved another $18, and my Trailblazer status saved the shipping fee, every time. For $45.87 delivered, I grabbed these for the Spring. More pink than purple, they are a gorgeous addition to my wardrobe, for less.

Ok - so the shoes weren't that extravagant of a savings but they are pretty cool. ;)

Bottom line: Don't sit behind your device telling people when to shop and how to spend their money. I saw several Instagram posts that backhandedly 'approved' of other's Black Friday purchases as along as the more affluent kept their favourite method of payment in their pocket.


•Nancy-Lee

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients