Skip to main content

Love, Amika

This post is looooooooong overdue.
My apologies to Amika.

Several months ago I was asked if I would like to review a few Amika items on my blog and I jumped at the chance. Truth be told, I didn't believe that there was a difference between the less expensive hot hair tools I had purchased from Target and the more expensive tools I found on the Love Amika site. Now, I will be the first to say that I am very, very new at hair styling. You'll notice I never offer haircare tips on my blog because it is not my strength but this collection is going to change all of that! #StayTuned

Click image to enlarge for detail.

Intrigued with the product selection, my attention was instantly caught by the I <3 NY styler/flat iron. I love everything about this: from the box to the styler. In fact, the box is the screensaver on my iPhone which the Amika ladies at CosmoprofLV went crazy for!!

The amika™ ceramic styler with 1.25 inch floating plates is a powerful professional tool that can be used to create straight, wavy and curly styles. The high quality materials and advanced technology make it gentle on the hair and incredibly easy to use. The styler features 100% ceramic plates. Ceramic radiates a different type of heat called far–infrared heat. Far–infrared heat is much gentler on the hair, preserving moisture in the hair shaft and protecting the hair cuticle from damage. Ceramic is also the ideal heat conductor and maintains even temperature. The result is faster and more effective styling but without the damage of conventional heat styling tools.

The temperature control, a small dial, is on the inside of the iron. It's the first thing that I notice about this tool: you are in control. The styler heats quickly and evenly. I use a heat protectant product and then start to section off my hair, pinning it with the 2 enclosed hair clips. The styler works fast. It is very comfortable to hold, the plates grip my hair but do not damage and I do not have those weird 'start' marks near my scalp that I used to get from my *other* iron. My hair is 1000x more soft and shiny than my old styler. My old iron felt like it used to steam my hair together. It was never flowy and soft. This is a whole new experience for me. 5 Stars all the way. If something happened to this styler, I would order a replacement the same day. I rate this Styler/Flat Iron a coveted 5 stars out of 5 stars.

The Color pHerfection Shampoo & Hydrate Conditioner have been reviewed by Danny.
Click here and his review will open in a separate window.


It's true. I thought there wasn't going to be a difference between this dryer and the one I was raving and raving about. It was so affordable. It was so loud Then along came the Midnight Black Power Cloud Force Drying System. Now, let's tell more truth. I had no idea what I asked for, I just liked the design. What I received was an amazing piece of technologically advanced hair care.

The Power Cloud Force dryer offers professional performance, healthier styling and lasting results in a fraction of the time of other dryers. Ceramic and tourmaline infused components harness far infrared heat and negative ions to dry hair faster while eliminating frizz for a smooth style that will last for days. A powerful 1875W DC motor reduces drying time by up to 70%, resulting in healthier hair due to less exposure to heat. Weighing only 13.6 oz, it makes styling a breeze. Advanced ionic features work to eliminate frizz and seal moisture into the cuticle for enhanced shine.

This is the real deal. I have twice as much hair on my head as the average woman and it takes me 1.5 hours to perform a blowout, so you can imagine how infrequently that happens.... This dryer has my whole head dry, smooth and nearly frizz-free in 40 minutes. Plus is is very quite and it is super light weight so my arms never get tired from being awkwardly draped around my head. I rate this Dryer a coveted 5 stars out of 5 stars.


A deal you can't refuse!
Make sure you LOVE Amika on Facebook for awesome secret GWP's like this one:
Buy ANY Amika Dryer and receive a FULL SIZE Straight Up Smoothing Balm, worth $24.00 with code StraightUpSmooth. Is the Midnight Black Power Cloud Force Drying System out of your price range but you want to be introduced to this line? Click here to see the amazing Obliphica Mini Ionic Dryer Styler. This 1000wt dryer is only $55 and comes with 2 diffusers and qualifies for the GWP!!


Trust me, Kitten, these tools are worth the investment. Since receiving this set, I have treated myself to Obliphica Oil Treatment, Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask and the Hot Pink Mini Styler + Bag I am asking for the Obliphica Mini Ionic Dryer Styler for Christmas to complete my collection and hopefully I am able to try the Replenishing Olive Oil Hair Mask soon!
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee


Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients