Skip to main content

Popping My Falsie Cherry. An Amateurs Application.

I will be the first to admit, I didn't think eyelashes made that big of a difference. I have been blessed with thick long lashes and full lips. I decided to teach myself how to apply falsies so I would look better in pictures and videos as well as speak intelligently to BeautyARMY members who ask for tips. I chose the least expensive pair that I  have, in case I had to cut them or generally managed to screw them up. Nope. Easier than I thought. I applied a little glue to the plastic eyelash plate and used the back of my tweezers to transfer glue to the lashes. Thank you for that tip, xSparkage.





I waited about 45 seconds for the glue to become tacky, all the while blowing on it like a spoonful of hot food. Starting from the outside, I lay the lashes as close to my lash line as possible. I actually use the tip of the handle for my gel liner, which is small, to aid in scooting the falsies strip closer. After I am satisfied by the tightness of the falsies to my natural lashes, I close my eye for about 1 minute and wait for the glue to set. 

As you can see, I managed to get a little glue on the lashes and I have no idea how it happened but I will be sure to gently clean it off when I remove the set tonight.

I am not wearing a stitch of makeup so you can see the true impact of the falsies. When I do wear them to work or play, I will line my lids first with my favourite gel liner, apply the lashes and then layer on a little more liner as necessary to cover any visible glue as it does not dry clear.
First impression: I find them to be very heavy! Almost like I can't see up. I hope this feeling goes away after a few uses and I become accustomed to the weight. After the glue was dry, I used my Chella Heated Eyelash Curler to blend my natural lashes into the strip. Should I have curled them first? I'll try that next time.  So far I am very happy with these lashes. They did not need to be trimmed as they were the right size for my eyes. They went on easy and I really like the look. Why didn't I do this sooner!! 

This brand of lashes actually only available as a bulk wholesale item so I am not able to repurchase but that's ok. I have several high quality lashes I plan on using after I perfect the application with these.  Do you wear falsies? How often? is it an every day or a special occasion only look? Do you have any best practices you would like to share? Post them in the comments field below!
xoxo!
Nancy-Lee

I am wearing lashes by HollyRen which were part of a subscription beauty sample box.

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients