Skip to main content

LUSH: A Cosmetics Mini-Haul

 
For Christmas last year my boyfriend gave me a $50 gift card to Lush. Having discovered this UK cult favourite in 1998 on Kings Road, I have always had a special place in my heart for the homemade treats and treasures they create.

Well it's August of the following year and I have yet to use my present. Not because I don't want to buy the entire shop, believe me I do, but I haven't found that item. Then I learned that they were creating a cosmetic line! This is what I was saving my gift card for!

Cupcake was the first thing that caught my eye.  A Fresh Face Mask, designed for the inventor's daughter and her friends, for the sufferers of oily or spotty skin. Cupcake is a cocoa concoction with spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse. Review to follow, shortly.

And there it was. The colour wheel that I have played with online. Hidden inside are the testers - and did I test. I think I tried 7 shades of lipstick, eyeshadow and liner before I settled on these 2.




Completely vegan, Decisive is a vintage cherry red with a surprise pink iridescence. More velvety than creamy, this lip colour applies like a gloss but once on, is clearly not; it's a highly pigmented lipstick. Don't let the feeling of indelibility fool you, it is non-staining. The liquid lipsticks contain a simple blend of organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax to soften and moisturize. Used without a liner, all you need is a mirror and a slightly steady hand. Easy to apply, the vibrancy of this shade can be intimidation but it is easy to clean your oopsies. This lipstick can double as a cream blusher too. You know I'll try! I rate Decisive 4.5 out of 5 stars. At $22.95, it's department store diva priced but this is one of those true times that you get what you pay for. Quality ingredients.

Next, Intuitive, a golden lime green eyeshadow is also vegan. Only after I got home did I realize this had been 'tested' instore by another customer. Gross - I will not use it - who knows where it was applied and if that surface was clean! I plan to exchange it for the mascara.

 How about you, Gorgeous?
Have you been able to try or buy Lush Cosmetics?
What did you treat yourself too?
 xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients