Skip to main content

Indie Lee: Squalane Oil

This 100% olive derived Squalane Oil has changed my life.  Actually Indie Lee Skincare has changed my life but that's another post!  I got to know Indie and her amazing products through my work with Beauty Army.  Deeply intrigued I made the decision to purchase several of her items off of Hautelook one weekend and it was one of the best decisions of my life.  No joke.


If you follow me on twitter you know that I tweet all the time about how Indie, ClickR, Shea Terra and ControlCorrectives have changed my skin which in turn has changed my life.  Not embarrassed by my adult acne because I don't really have any. I'm more confident in front of the camera and I am actually filming more often too.  Do I still break out?  Sure little somethin' somethin' here and there, mostly around my cycle.  Do I have mammoth blemishes like I did just 3 months ago? Nope. Not since I went to good-for-me skincare.

I know that oil is best for oily skin - it penetrates easier. Think about it - water and oil do not mix so water based moisturizers designed for oily skin tend to sit on the surface of my face.  Not this.  3 drops and done.  I wash my face with The Cleanser and follow with Shea Terra Organics Orange Water Toner.  I love this bottle it's - so scientific!  No need to shake, I unscrew the dropper cap and add 3 drops of oil to my finger tips.  I press my left and right fingers together to spread the product and then press it into my face.  That's right, I press it.  No rubbing.  The first time I used it I thought I needed more.  I was so used to the feeling of my old moisturizer that I didn't realize what I was now feeling was perfectly moisturized skin.  No tightness.  No grease.  Just gorgeous naturally moisturized skin.  Derived from olives, this naturally occurring oil promotes elasticity in the skin and as we age, its production diminishes. By adding this key component, our sebum helps boost cell regeneration and oxygenation, leaving your face looking healthy and radiant.  Naturally not greenwashed.



My skin is not breaking out nor am I experiencing as much congestion or blackheads as I was prior to switching to this oil.  My skin is clear and fresh. I am NEVER greasy or oily and about 2 weeks after I started to use it I noticed I was actually less oily.  My makeup not only looks fresh longer through out the day, I have less touchups.  Or as I used to call them, mop-ups as I was usually blotting excess sebum off of my face.  And for the first time in my life, I have been able to buy powder and foundation that are the same shade as my skin. I used to have to buy 1 to 2 shade lighter as my oil oxidizes everything 1 to 2 shades darker than my actual skin tone.


This 1oz glass bottle retails for $24 on BeautyArmy.  It will most likely last me 6 months because I use such a small amount.  Keep this oil stored in a cool dry place - try not to store it in your hot bathroom.  The brown glass of the vessel protects the damaging rays of the sun breaking down the product, keeping it's potency and freshness as long as possible.  I rate this oil a coveted 5 out of 5 stars.  It is my new staple in my skincare regime.

What about you, Gorgeous?
Are you on #TeamIndieLee?
I bet you are now!
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients