Skip to main content

Pore Purifying Black Strips by Boscia

For all skin types, these strips are designed to help unplug the pores across your nose. The 6 strips for $15, contain Charcoal Powder which draws out impurities, Silica to control excess oil and Witch Hazel Extract tightens the look of your pores once the strip is removed. 

I follow the directions: wash your face, with dry hands apply a strip to your very wet nose and let dry till hard, about 15 - 20 minutes. I notice as it dries not only does it become hard, it tightens and slightly restricts my breathing.  I believe it is not the strips fault as I only feel this way on one side of my nose, so i blame my placement.

Once it is dry, I peel the sides first and then the tip of my nose, upward.  It requires more force to remove than I was expecting. It's kind of like pulling dry duct tape off my face.  It was tough, uncomfortable and you know what? I got upper epidermal lifting - when the top layer of your skin is removed and it feels & looks like a burn. My nose is on fire. Excellent. I am going to go cry and finish this review later.

And cry I did. I have 2 areas of lift, one one each side of my nose with visible scabbing. I had to keep a damp cotton round on my nose to cool the sting.  Guess it is a good thing that I washed my face first, as there is no way I could tolerate soap on my skin at this point.  Every speck of skin that was touched by this strip, is uncomfortable.  But the burns are, well, burning.  I did not think my skin fell under the "Do not use on...." category. 


I wake the next morning and the rawness is now covered with thin scabs.  I won't be able to cover them due to their sensitivity - imaging putting concealer on a rug burn.  In a few days the scabs will come off only to emerge a bright pink, shiny replacement.  And within that time I will return the unused portion to Sephora.

I am disappointed, to say the least. Perhaps you read the post before this one, where I talk about medication that I take 'thinning' my skin, and you're thinking, well duh - what did you expect.  I wrote that post more than 18 months ago and have not taken that medication in about 16 months, so I was not expecting lift off.  Nor was I expecting it to dry like a brick of cement on my face, either.  Hindsight, I should have dampened it and taken it off that way.  Oh well, there won't be a second trial. It's already in my purse to return.  I rate this 1 out of 5 stars.

Have you used this product or another pore strip?
How did it work for you?
xoxo


 

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients