Skip to main content

VeganCuts June 2014 Beauty Box

Vegan makeup

I was so excited when VeganCuts reached out to me and asked if I would like to review one of their Beauty Boxes. I'm not sure I could say yes fast enough.... Monthly subscribers pay $19.95 which includes shipping for a blend of 4-7 sample and full size products from emerging and established 100% cruelty free, vegan beauty brands.


My June 2014 +Vegan Cuts Beauty Box came packed with the following:


•nyl Skincare Velvet Transformative Serum
Formulated with anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, this oil offers an herbal scent which quickly dissipates as the oil absorbs into my skin. You need only a few drops for all over hydration. Press this product into your skin rather than attempting to rub it in, paying special attention to the area around your eyes. As you know, I skipped eye cream until I was over 30, so I will be putting this to immediate and good use!




• +Lip Glosserie (ATX) Light Asian Pear Lip Balm
It is taking every ounce of my being to not eat this. I know the scent is an illusion, it is tricking my mind into thinking this balm would taste like an Asian Pear. It is just as described, very light in scent and texture. This is a balm, so it has a wonderfully oily texture as it is enriched with Sweet Almond Oil. Retailing for $5.57 it is handmade, vegan and amazing. I haven't been this crazy for a lip hydrator in a long time.


•Grasse Roots Perfumery Geisha
Described as: 
Narcotic flowers of jasmine, ylang ylang, seductive neroli and dusky rose swirl through sensual notes of earth, wood and spice in this exotic, heady oriental.
That description makes me think it is heavy smelling and it is not. Sensual, yes. Overpowering, no. The ylang ylang and neroli makes their presence known instantly as it mingles with a woody spice. As this oil warms and dries down, a linger of rose appears almost spoiling the scent but within a few minutes the full fragrance emerges revealing all of it's sexy notes. I will reserve this for night time.


• +Pacifica Perfume Natural Mineral Waterproof EyeLiner
In Gun Metal Pewter, this pencil is divine. Metallic but not bright silver, they provided a full size pencil which retails for $11. It offers a smooth application without skipping, an important feature to those of us with more mature (wrinkly) eyelid skin. This shade is beautiful, stay tuned to my Instagram for inspiration.

• +lafreshgroup Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover
This has been a staple in my nail care collection for over a year. These little yummy smelling pads are thick for scrubbing lacquer off of your nails but I do wish they were a tad larger so I could clean all 10 and give them a once over to remove any remaining lacquer. They require a little more elbow grease than traditional acetone-free removers but they are much more gentle on your nails, skin, body and environment. It is important to note, these wipes laugh in the face of glitter polish; don't even try, the wipe breaks down as it is scraped over the coarse glitter. Real talk, Kittens.


+SuperChic Lacquer / Wonder Beauty Products Lost My Melon
This glitzy lacquer has a melon base cleverly concealed by intense pink micro shimmer. This 5-Free formula is made in the USA and available on Etsy. Come back Monday for Mani Monday swatches!

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients