Skip to main content

P.E.T.A. Approved Pressed Mineral Foundation


It was time for a replacement pressed powder foundation. I have been using Double Perfection Lumiere by Chanel and I love the finish but they are not cruelty free and the powder contains talc.

I am making a conscious effort to be more social responsible with my beauty and skincare needs so I was super excited when BeautyARMY partnered with Emani. A vegan, mineral based cosmetic company who is P.E.T.A. approved. Random fact: The green P.E.T.A. bunny on the packaging is a one-of-a-kind vegan symbol which was specially approved for Emani's use, only.



After a twitter discussion with @EMANItweets I decided to purchase Nude Beige Pressed Mineral Foundation from BeautyARMY during the free shipping event. Retailing for $32.00 I redeemed a Reviewer Badge to save an additional $6.00, bringing this powder to $26.00. I love the initial experience. The compact is matte and feels nice in your hands. The lid opens to reveal powder and a mirror and a base compartments keeps your applicator sponge separate.

A few images from my Instagram account.
I noticed straight away the absence of talc. While this foundation went on smoothly, it was not a 'silky' application; A trade off you have to get a little used to. While the powder is not rough it does not blend in as quickly and seems to initially sit on top of my skin. The addition of a primer makes a fresher finish - I have been using Youngblood Minerals. And while it's not stated whether it is a wet/dry formula, applied wet provides a sheer, matte liquid foundation finish - I actually love this finish best - best part is the coverage is buildable and doesn't look cakey.


Fragrance free, there is zero irritation from this product. My cream blushers work well with it, too. I apply my cream blush first and this powder on top. I reapply once per day and that is only to my t-zone where I am trying to combat shine. There is minimal transfer to my iPhone and this product does not oxidize a shade darker, it stays colour true. I will reorder this formula and will most likely choose a shade darker. I rate Emani's Pressed Mineral Foundation 4.5 out of 5 stars. My oily skin wishes it were full matte finish! Have you heard of or tried Emani products? BeautyARMY is currently sampling their vegan foundation primer which has built in hydration. I really like that primer, I happen to have used my sample which is why I have moved on to my Youngblood!
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

 

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients