Skip to main content

Treat and Renew with Karuna.

I adore eye masks. And I think there are 2 reasons for this: one is, I feel guilty for not using eye cream until I was in my early 30's. Two, they simply feel good! But the funny thing is, my adoration is a newly acquired taste in skincare treatments. I used my first eye mask because I was able to sample one with Beauty Army. Ever since then I have been testing and treating that delicate eye skin that was so long neglected.


Selected as part of my December 2012 Beauty Army Kit, This is the first time I have had the oportunity to try Karuna's eye mask. You already know that I have a love affair with Karuna's facial masks, a natural cloth made from biodegradable wood pulp which retains 50% more moisture than synthetic material. The difference? Pores fully absorb nourishing ingredients that help create instant results.

The eye masks are pre-moistened and ready for immediate application. The directions are to peel the backing off of the tray, peel 1 side of the plastic mask covers off, apply the treatment and peel the other side off. Wait 10-20 minutes, remove the masks and let the remainder of serum soak in. Well, I found it to be a bit of a pain to remove everything from the tray. I should have peeled off the top plastic layer, picked the masks up out of the tray and not focused so much on the second plastic cover. I'm not exactly sure why there is 2 layers of plastic in the first place... There is only 1 layer with the full facial masks. Perhaps there is an evaporation concern or the thin sheets do not stay flat in the package. *All guesses*

(L) After application. (R) After 20 minutes, before removal.
Once I applied them to my face, they practically disappeared. Thin, light weight, comfortable and not over saturated, they felt really nice. I bet they would feel amazing popped in the fridge for a bit before application! After 20 minutes I remembered to remove them (!) and noticed that they were almost dry, having turned white. Removal was simple, they practically fell off and there was no trace to let soak in, my skin was serum-free.
(L) Before. (R) After.
Since it is obvious that I do not suffer dark circles, puffiness or bags under my eyes, I can not state the effectiveness of those claims. What I can say is, they felt great while I was wearing them and my skin felt amazing once I took them off. I felt hydrated without feeling greasy or weighed down by product. My skin was glowing and my first reaction was: I'd use these again! Available in a 4 pack on BeautyArmy.com, the Karuna set retails for $36.00 and is designed for all skin types. I rate this treatment a solid 4 out of 4 stars. Did you choose this set, a $9 value, as one of the products in your Beauty Army Kit? Have you tried them yet - what are your thoughts?
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

 

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients