Skip to main content

Dermalogica : Daily Microfoliant Review


This was not my first experience with Dermalogica, it is a brand I was introduced to about 8 years ago and I have used it on and off. More off than on due to the price. I received a travel size of Daily Microfoliant, a fine powder facial exfoliater. I love how this perfume-free formula brightens my skin and gently exfoliates without irritation to my acne.

"Gentle, Rice-based exfoliating powder activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors."

I wash my face and leave it wet. On damp hands I sprinkle about a sugar packet's worth of Daily Microfoliant and rub together to create a slightly foaming paste. While anchoring my thumbs to my jaw I use my pointer, middle and ring fingers to work in small up and outward circles, avoiding my eye area. There is virtually no gritty texture so when you first use it you are thinking to yourself 'how can this possibly work?' but it does.


I suffer both Rosacea and adult acne. It's a bitch. It's very hard to find a manual exfoliater that doesn't tear my skin apart and this one does not. It is the epitome of gentle and effective. This products rinses cleanly and completely and I simply follow it with my moisturizer.


So where's the con? It contains talc and parabens. *sad face* Since I am trying to 'green' my skincare as much as possible, this is a no-no in my new book therefore I will not convert my travel size to a full size purchase. The 2.6 oz shaker-style vessel retails for $50.00. Personal feeling of talc and parabens aside, I rate Daily Microfoliant 4.5 stars out of 5.

Have you tried Daily Microfoliant or another Dermalogica product? What was your experience?
xoxo

•Nancy-Lee



Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients