Skip to main content

The *Bad Ass* Body Scrub by Indie Lee

This is one of those products I wish I never purchased.  But I still would have been screwed because I selected a deluxe sample size in my Beauty Army Kit, so the high probability of a  reorder would have been inevitable either way.  I am so in love with Indie Lee's The Body Scrub, I am already half way through it and I am getting ready to buy a second one.

Not for the faintest of hearts... this scrub features a rough cane sugar texture so if you are very sensitive, you might not like the feel of this at first; it could feel as though it is scratching you.  But once you get past that initial ouchie phase and the sugar starts to melt a little, it becomes extremely pleasant.

The smell is intoxicating.  Not to overpowering one direction or another - a perfect blend of coconut and citrus; lemon, lemongrass finished off with a kiss of vanilla.  Sometimes I just open the jar and smell the scrub.  It's sweet, candy like but not sickingly-sweet in an artificial way.  I would recreate this aroma in a pastry.  Actually I would like to eat the scrub.

Coconut oil hardens when cold, so my scrub was a brick when it arrived.  No biggie, I made sure the cap was on tight and I gave it a warm waterbath for about 10 minutes.  I removed the vessel and with a demitasse spoon, I slowly stir the scrub and mixed the oils throughout the product to redistribute and soften the mix.  Indie Lee's products can and will separate because they lack chemical stabilizers.  I found with the waterbath method, I did not have to add warm water to the actual product, which over time, too much water can harden the sugar.

With the consistency of light brown sugar and the texture of sugar in the raw, I scoop a small amount out and cup it in my hands allowing the warmth of my body to begin melting the oils.  I then apply small amounts at a time to my skin, starting with my shoulders and working downward.  Limb by limb slowly and methodically.  At $38 I do not want to waste this product.  If I try to apply to much, it just falls to the floor.  Wasteful.  I work in small areas and enjoy the experience; the aroma, the exfoliation and the moisturization that follows.  I rinse my skin and towel dry off.  My skin is so soft and supple.  I am not oily nor do I smell like a tropical vacation so I can easily finish off with my perfume and not have to fear a scent mix.

The vessel is a medium weight plastic with a screw top. The container is easy to open and scoop product out of and since it is plastic I do not have to worry about it slipping off of my shower's bench and shattering to the floor.  All Indie Lee products are housed inside brown vessels to protect the ingredients from light, which tends to break down the effectiveness faster.  Indie Lee's products are in their most natural state - no greenwashing here - only the finest quality products are used and you can feel the difference instantly.

I rate this scrub a 4.5 out of 5 stars.  I have asked her to consider making a body oil in the same fragrance, I love it that much!





Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients