Skip to main content

I am a NARSissist


I was over the moon when +NARS Cosmetics reached out to send gratis my way because of my NARSissism. I had no idea what to expect so imagine my surprise when the care pack arrived packed with 413 BLKR Illuminator, New Attitude blush and Easy Lover lip gloss. Swoon.




Clearly, this was not a random grab bag as these are the exact hues I wear: bright pink blush, fuchsia gloss and the illuminator is for light skin tones - when does that ever happen?! I was so smitten, I made a point to swing in to +Sephora while I was shopping the VIPink event at +Westfield Oakridge and treat myself to an eyeshadow duo so I would have a full set. Other than a few +Whip Hand Cosmetics pigments, I haven't purchased new eyeshadows in 3 years and it is time to start moving things out. 



And moving beauties like Kauai, in. This duo is described as Gold Lamé and Iridescent Smokey Orchid. Highly metallic, I would describe Gold Lamé as a member of the taupe family. If you are looking for a pure gold, keep looking. My image above is a prefect representation of both hues. Iridescent Smokey Orchid is similar to - but not a dupe for - Omen by +Urban Decay Cosmetics. Highly pigmented, the addition of Talc makes these shadows super silky. Blogger Tip: Start with an eyeshadow primer/base. Primers will keep pigments colour-true and extend their wear. See the difference, in the image below, between the center of the shadow swatches and the surrounding area; the Primer is apparent. Click the image to enlarge for detail.

Makeup Review
New Attitude, Gold Lamé & Iridescent Smokey Orchid

New Attitude blush is a cherry blossom pink with a blue base. It provides light coverage that is buildable up to moderately opaque. Blogger Tip: Layer New Attitude on top of cream blush for a longer lasting finish. If you are an oily skin who tends to oxidize your shades darker, layering will keep the powder blush colour-true.

makeup review
413 BLKR is on the lower half.

Named for the brand’s first flagship address in New York City’s West Village neighborhood, 413 BLKR Illuminator is a light-reflecting liquid that provides a shimmering incandescence where applied. Think of the glow candlelight leaves. Blogger Tip: New to Illuminators? Start small! These highlighting and contouring products are area-specific, meaning they are not to be applied all over, only on the parts you want to 'bring forward'.

makeup review
Easy Lover swatch. No filter, iPhone.

Easy Lover She'll get a hold on you, believe it.... This lip gloss is ultra-sheer, hot pink with micro shimmer. Very smooth and moisturizing, Easy Lover never becomes sticky nor does it feather off of my lips. I needed to redip the wand a few times, the terry cloth applicator did not grab enough product at once but that meant I was able to build the coverage rather than feel like gummy lips. You know what I mean. Blogger Tip: Don't think you have place for a sheer shade? Extremely universal, use this finish to add shine to a matte lipstick, top all-over lipliner or accomplish your no-makeup look.

Are you a NARSissist, Kitten?
What is your favourite product(s)?
xoxo

•Nancy-Lee


Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients