Skip to main content

Bath and Body Works : A Black Friday Haul and Review

Ok, I have to tell the story. I was NOT going to go out on Black Friday but then I talked myself into it around 8:00pm. I threw on some makeup and jeans and headed to the shops. I knew I wanted to purchase all of the above and the Bag. I knew I could turn it into a great gift or donation. I also knew this was the only day that you could stack your coupons instead of making a bunch of little purchases and I wanted to be able to take advantage of this opportunity. I was after some specific things: hand soap, shower gel and the VIP bag.


First up:  Shower Gel: Buy 3 Get 3 Free
I wanted to try some new fragrances and this promotion made that possible. Not only was I able to score on the B3G3Free, I also had 2 coupons that gave me a free body care product, up to $13 with a $10 purchase. Quickly my 6 shower gels blossomed to 8.

Dark Kiss (x2)
"A seductive blend of dark berries with a kiss of vanilla for lather that bursts with fragrance."
That's not all, the top notes feature: Bergamot, Incense, Mirabelle Plum and Black Raspberry. With mid notes of Amber, Burgundy Rose, Geranium and Peony.
This smells like dark chocolate and amber. It is so sexy with a sweet, not smokey, kiss.
It smelled so good in the store, I looped back around for a second bottle.
Frosted Snowberry (x2)
"A bright blend of winter blackberries, warm caramel and iced musk brought to life by Bright Bergamot, Blackberry and Freesia."
Fresh, clean and fruity! Not at all what I would expect from a holiday fragrance, which I think makes me like it more.
Love, Love, Love
"A fairytale blend of white plum, peony petals and vanilla musk featuring Succulent Berries, White Plum and Juicy Pear and Mid Notes of Peony Petals, Lily of the Valley, Freesia."
This was my wild card. A little fruit, a lot of feminine.
Forever Red
"Fiery pomegranate, rare French peach, red osmanthus, velvety marshmallow and vanilla rum."
Holy crap - I can't remember the last time I was so crazy for a BBW fragrance. Maybe when Limelight was on the market. This is so sexy, I can't even explain it. It is also expensive at $18 per bottle. 

Then I was on to: Anti-Bacterial Soaps 6/$20
I was a little disappointed in the selection. Mainly holiday fragrances, so stocking up on this means I'll smell holly jolly into April.

Winter Spice & Vanilla
Not as sweet as the cupcake on the label, latte based without the scent of coffee.
Cranberry & Tangerine
Part of the Kitchen Collection, this is for the fruit lover in your life.
More tangerine than cranberry, it is the perfect blend of sweet and tart citrus.
Dancing Waters
This fresh classic is going to be a part of a gift set that includes the Sea Island Cotton sower gel and lotion in the picture above.
Fresh Picked Strawberries
Delicious. A bit artificial but delicious.
Kitchen Lemon
Lemon is my favourite scent. You just can't go wrong.
Fresh Sparkling Snow
The BF and I both agree this is AMAZING! It is our new favourite.
"Lightly scented with a festive blend of sparkling snowberry, juicy strawberry, winter jasmine and vanilla crystals." I will purchase more of this for sure!

Coupon: Spend $10 receive a body care product for free x 2
•Sea Island Cotton Shower Gel and Lotion
I chose this for my BF's mom since it is one of her favourite fragrances. Before you think - of course the free ones were for her BF's mom (!) the truth is, I received the Frosted Snowberry and Dark Kiss for free. This is a complex fragrance for something so clean. Top notes: Fresh Bright Floral Accord, Clean Cotton Accord, Drenched Air Accord, Fresh Linen Effect, Wet Green Pear, Blood Orange, Tangerine. Mid Notes: White Muguet, Crisp Orange Flower, Watery Cyclamen, White Freesia, Cotton Blossom Headspace, Dewy Jasmine. Too floral for my taste, I know she will love it.

I spend about 30 minutes making my rounds and work my way into queue, surprisingly, I am next in line! I'm am chatting with the nicest guy about my coupons, I have the 2 free body care and 2 $10 off of a $30 purchase and how today only I can stack them. Then I ask for the VIP bag. He says, 'I'm sorry, we have been sold out for a few hours.' I am disappointed - it was the main reason that I came out. I have no idea why I thought they would still have them available near closing time, having opened at 12:00am. Wishful thinking. But I was a retail Store Manager for 17 years, I know the cardinal rule of shopping: Look up. You will always find the most interesting items in the vignettes. That's retail-talk for display shelves. So I point and say, 'Well, what about that one?" Everyone forgot about that one but I would like to believe that that one was waiting for me because I am donating the bag and most of the contents! Truth be told, I didn't even know what was in the bag - I just knew it was high value and I wanted one. If you're wondering why I didn't order everything online, I couldn't stack my coupons online, going to the shop saved $44 with coupons alone. Anyhoo - here is the awesome contents for the VIP bag:

Sparkling Pink Champagne foaming hand soap
What's funny is, I was going to purchase this as part of my 6/$20 but once I smelled it I was like, there is no way the BF will like this! It's very girly! The first thing I was thinking of was, this would be nice in a young girls bathroom, it's so sweet.
Cashmere Glow Shower Gel and Lotion
Top Notes: Bergamot, Golden Peach, Pink Guava, Exotic Berries, Gilded Apricot
Mid Notes: Glowing Muguet Petals, Mimosa, Fluffy Peony, Fresh Jasmine
Dry Notes: Shimmering Vanilla, Dulce De Leche, Sandalwood, Cashmere Musk
I smell the most amazing caramel with a touch of fruit. This could easily be a new favourite.
Paris Amour Lotion, for her
This will work as a perfect accompaniment to the Sparkling Pink Champagne with Key Fragrance Notes: French Tulips, Apple Blossoms, and Pink Champagne.
A bit too floral for my taste, it will be part of the donation for sure!
Paris 2-in-1 Hair & Body Was, for him
With White woods, orange zest, and a hint of musk. The musk is very light weight and clean. I know my BF will use it.
Cranberry Pear Bellini mini candle
"Cheers the holidays with a bright blend of sparkling cranberry, sweet pear nectar and luscious blackcurrant."

These treasure were inside a cello bag which was closed with a Christmas-inspired body puff. All the goodies were tucked inside the gray bag, which comes with a matching sequin embellished makeup bag. This is a sweet set and I hope I am able to make some happy this year! How about you, Gorgeous, did you shop at Bath & Body Works on Black Friday?  What did you purchase and did you stack your coupons?
xoxo
•Nancy-Lee

 

Popular posts from this blog

100 Jello Shots and Recipes by NomNomPalace

***REPOST ALERT*** * A L L * 1 0 0 * J E L L O * S H O T S * https://www.facebook.com/NomNomPalace I came across this post on Facebook and I wanted to share it with you. PLEASE click the link above and LIKE NomNomPalace !

Peanut Butter Cup Smores

Hi Beauty Army Troops!! I found this picture of Pinterest. This is not my recipe but I wanted you to have it for your own recreation! I introduce you, to Peanut Butter Cup Smores. Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars yield: 16 large/20 small squares Ingredients